This set of principles from Health Begins are designed for state and local health departments for implement alongside community leaders as part of evolving COVID-19 community response and resiliency efforts, including contact tracing.
Each principle includes suggested strategies and resources, and the site also includes a guide to help states, counties, and cities advance the principles.
The set of principles includes:
- Recruit & manage with a racial equity framework
- Invest in trusted voices, including community health workers
- Strengthen connections with psychosocial services & systems
- Launch a community-based jobs program as a force multiplier
- Embed job training & pipelines to local careers
- Strengthen community infrastructure & financing