This report from the Center for Health Care Strategies addresses an important aspect of complex care: medication complexity. The dangers of medication complexity are amplified by fragmented healthcare delivery, disproportionately affecting individuals with complex health and social needs. The the report lays out opportunities for managing medication complexity in this population, including:
- Mastering the basics of medication management;
- Leveraging the workforce to maximize the scope of practice and capacity of pharmacists;
- Deploying innovative health technologies to optimize care and outcomes;
- Adopting appropriate quality measures; and
- Building advanced payment models.