This report from Center for Health Care Strategies (CHCS) and the Institute for Medicaid Innovation (IMI) identifies six connected strategies to guide payers, including Medicaid agencies and managed care organizations, in developing equity-focused value-based payment approaches to mitigate health disparities at the state and local level.
These strategies include:
- Articulating an equity goal
- Assessing the payment and care delivery environment
- Selecting performance measures
- Setting performance targets
- Designing the payment approach
- Addressing operational challenges