“Nothing about us without us!” We believe that people with lived experience of complex health and social needs and their caregivers are critical voices needed to inform the field of complex care. In the National Consumer Scholars program, you will have the opportunity to take part in peer-led leadership development activities, play an active role at our annual Putting Care at the Center conference, and bring lessons back to your communities. Consumer Scholars also work alongside Camden Coalition staff to develop and inform the field of complex care.
Last year, Consumer Scholars:
- Co-led a research project to explore consumer engagement experiences
- Supported the development of a technical assistance toolkit
- Planned and hosted a national webinar
- Co-designed our new consumer voices bureau, Amplify
- Helped develop core competencies for the complex care field
Selected 2021-2022 Consumer Scholars will receive a stipend of $750 to compensate their time and effort in project work, and will have all costs covered to attend the 2021 and 2022 Putting Care at the Center conferences.
- Application opens: April 21, 2021
- Virtual information and Q&A session: May 13, 2021 at 1 pm ET (10 am PT)
- Application deadline: June 11, 2021
- Top applicants invited to interview: June 21-25, 2021
- Award letters sent: July 16, 2021
- Program begins: August 20, 2021
- Putting Care at the Center 2021 virtual conference: October 20-22, 2021
Information about the National Consumer Scholars program, including program requirements, award details, selection criteria, and more, can be found in this request for applications document. Learn more about the work of past Consumer Scholars on our consumer leadership page.
Have questions about the program or the application process? Want to hear directly from National Consumer Scholar alumni? Join us for an information session on May 13, 1-2 pm ET.
How to apply
Applications must include a letter of support from a healthcare or social service organization that you have worked with. Please work with the organization providing your letter of support if you need help completing the application.
Please contact Evelyne Kane at email@example.com or 856-701-2793 if you have any questions.