Talking about complex care: A guide for clear and effective communications
Developed by the Camden Coalition and the Center for Health Care Strategies with input from over 100 complex care stakeholders from across the country, this guide can help complex care stakeholders communicate the value of complex care to various audiences to advance the field.
This guide can help complex care providers, program leaders, consumer advocates, and communications professionals, more effectively frame messages to:
- Communicate program goals and priorities to patients, families, and the community at-large.
- Coordinate more effectively with patients, families, providers and community partners to meet patient’s needs.
- Convince institutional leaders and payers to invest in new complex care programs.
- Recruit community partners to participate in existing complex care programs.
- Demonstrate that existing programs are complex care programs.
- Advocate for policy change.
- Develop promotional or social media materials or speak to the media.
Talking about complex care: A guide for clear and effective communications presents core and audience-specific messages as well as practical guidance for communicating what complex care is and the value it provides. The language outlined in the guide reflects the shared priorities and perspectives of a diverse array of stakeholders, including people with lived experience of complex needs.
Messaging guide at a glance
Download the guide at a glance for a summary of key messages.
Messaging guide webinar
This recorded webinar orients participants to Talking About Complex Care: A Guide for Clear and Effective Messaging by highlighting its core messages and providing information on how to tailor messages that best resonate with diverse audiences.