Areas of expertise: Addiction and recovery
Bio: Jonathon identifies as a person in long-term sobriety from all mind-altering substances. When he found sobriety, he found a new life that he did not know was possible to have. Jonathon is committed to his work in addiction recovery because he wants to be able to provide hope where there is none to support those still struggling with addiction. Jonathon uses his positions as a Peer Recovery Specialist, Health Coach, and Recovery Coach at Centerstone, a behavioral health and addiction services provider, to be the voice of people that are still struggling with addiction. Over the years in these roles, he has had wonderful opportunities to help people working in the field of complex care to view addiction in a different light.
- Panel participant representing DCS & Centerstone at the first Annual South Central Indiana Opioid Summit, 2017
- Panel participant representing Centerstone and Indiana University Health at the Annual South Central Indiana Opioid Summit, 2018
- Panel participant representing Centerstone at Annual Putting Care at the Center Conference, 2019
- Presentations on living through addiction and recovery to case managers and others at Indiana Department of Child Services (DCS), Indiana University, Indiana University Health System (2014-present)
- Advisory Board Member at Centerstone Health Services’ Federally Qualified Health Center
- Certified Peer Trainer