Areas of expertise: Addiction and recovery, mental health, homelessness
Bio: Andre Davis prides himself in being a positive role model for his community. He is an advocate for those experiencing homelessness, mental health challenges and substance abuse, and strives to give back to others what was given to him: an opportunity to overcome the sickness and suffering of active addiction. Andre has been working with the Camden Coalition since 2017 when he was introduced to the Camden Coalition care team staff during a hospitalization. Since then he has become an active member of the Camden Coalition’s Community Advisory Committee and Housing First Support Group. He has shared his lived experience as a panelist at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation’s annual grantee gathering, at the New Jersey state legislature, and in Washington, D.C. In his free time, Andre enjoys reading, riding his bike, feeding the birds, and talking with his mother and children every day.
- Camden Coalition Community Advisory Committee Member, 2018-present
- Camden Coalition Community Advisory Committee Co-Chair, 2019-present
- National Consumer Scholar, 2019-2020
- Panelist for “Effective Community Engagement in Addressing Social Determinants of Health for Transformation,” at the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Transforming Health and Health Care Systems Annual Grantee Gathering, 2019
- Camden Coalition Housing First Group Participant, 2018-present
- Active member of Narcotics Anonymous, 2018-present